Friday, October 5, 2007

SPLINTERVIEW WITH AVIV :)

Aviv speaks! Finally!
Notice how he responded in only 2 days. I have super-bugging powers. MUHAHAHA!



Wassup Aviv! (you can't say nothing much)
(Note from interviewer: He dint answer it! People don't take me seriously, I tell you. So I'll just pretend I'm Aviv and answer for him:
Ah, well, woke up, got about 30 bugging messages from Kitu.. so dragged my ass to a cyber and typed out answers. I type slowly.)


How did you happen to join Split, and when?

I joined Split in October or November 2006. Well as the legend goes, Split and a wise man from the south (Sandeep from 'old jungle saying' Mel's band from Bangalore) were sitting in the sacred house of the spirits. Split was then enduring an ordeal that no band should face- creative impotency- and asked the great long haired wise man from the south for guidance. The wise man then paused took a large gulp of the dark red spirit and in a trance like frenzy conjured up his wisdom and uttered the words that was to cure Split's lack of proper erection (creative impotence) saga. "Get on board a new better musician. Someone who'll solo like a Ferrari and someone who already has a girlfriend (so they didn't have to share the few groupies left because... you... the band was ...) Then the great banger of all things, especially women, Nigelantricks called the underground not so popular with rock scene- Aviv- Sir Aviv from Cherai that very instant from the temple of spirits and invited him to join the rockalicious orgy .. SPLIT was whole again.


What other bands have u played for? Were you serious about any of them? Did any of them make it big? I mean biggish... as in slightly unobscure?

Hmm... now that you pamper my self esteem with such encouraging questions about my past endevours i must oblige... Freebase was the only relevant band worth mentioning. We didn't win a grammy or anything but we did record and work on some killer music. There were others but all giant wankers... i was always serious about my music and the Iplayed with. No none of them made it big before or after me.


Apart from playing with Split, what do you do?

Nothing. Split is a full time thing. With all the tours and stuff. The groupies, the beer, the daydreaming, the the various albums in different states of completion... you know it's a lot. Oh, in my scarce free time, I run a guitar school (some might disagree with the term school... who cares! Kiss my arse and call me Jonny wankers!) Guitar.Inc.


Your favourite Split song, and why.

My HOUSE!!!!! Why .... jumping off that cliff ain't scary... that line has helped me a lot... when I'm scared shitless of something and freeze.. i sing (hum the tune) " Jumping off that cliff ain't scary.. its landings that confuse and cloud me." It is strange but beautiful try it. I am dead serious(Mel is a genius for writing that line) you'll feel not so alone and figure that bad landings may happen but its all part of life and everyone is scared of it. You won't feel alone your chest will swell and you'll jump!


Your favourite song that YOU have composed/written?

A song called- Starstudded. Not been performed with the band and don't know if we'll include it in our list.. cause it's kinda not a typical split song.. but it is close to my heart..
(Note from interviewer again: is that a hint to the band? Hey, band, I think this is a hint to you.)



Do your moods create your music?Or does the music create your mood?

It 's a 69 type of situation.


Your influences?

George Paul John Ringo, Steve Vai, The great classical masters, Don Mclean (vincent muhaa!) there are lots can't think of them all.. Kurt of course... and Guns and fuckin Roses (it sounds so much cooler with that)
(Note from very talkative interviewer: do you play lead for Spl-fucking-it? ps- this would have been the next question if this was not an online interview.)


When did you start playing? Can you play any other instruments? Actually, I know you can't, so name any instrument you'd LIKE to play.


When i was 15 i started playing seriously. I got my first guitar on my first birthday so pretty much since then (it was quite cool actually a shiny red baby guitar). I've always wanted to play the Indian Bamboo flute. And I'd also love to bajao the drums well and of course there's this really pretty girl I know I'd love to bajao... never mind.


Since everyone else is being asked this question, when are you releasing your album? Maybe we'll compare your answer with the answers the rest of your bands given:)

My first album will be out by 2010. It will be a guitar solo with a vocal lines by Gary he is the best. Split's album well.....


Any other Indian band you'd like to play for, apart from Split? (you cant say there is no other band)

No..... I really did pause for a few moments and thought about this one... and honestly no.. oh wait ...well actually there is one band, no no they're not Indian, sorry. No.
(ME:ARGH! Thats just circumloqution for "NO"!)


Say you're gonna drop dead.Or your fingers are going to fall off. Or you go suddenly deaf or something... whats the last song you'd play?For whom and why?

In My Life by the Beatles. It just means a lot to me and would love to sing it to the people I love. Why? Well, if you listen to the song it talks about a person's memories of the special people and things that have been part of his life and how much these things mean or meant to him.. but then he pauses to tell his wife or family or whoever is it is he is singing to ... that in his life they mean the most. I like the sentiment.


You rarely write words for any of your music, right? Why?

When I was younger I was a keen lyricist. But I soon figured that my inability to sing in my mother tongue would be a set back. I was keen on making it in the music business and no one was willing to sponsor my trip to America. Unfortunately no one was willing to sign on an English singing psedu-american accented teenage broke nepali looking thane-born potential rockstar... so I chose to speak a more universal language of sound and decided I would be an instrumentalist...


About Guitar.inc..what are your plans for the school; how, when, and why did it begin? How devoted are you to it?

Guitar. Inc was my rebellion against all the people who told me I was wasting my time doing music. Opinions varied but the message still the same... don't dream you don't have the right to because 1) you are born in the wrong country man. 2) Dude when you going to take life seriously? what you think we're all fools for working regular jobs? 3) Dude guitar players don't make any money any more.. look at that lenny (name changed) he was so good but look what happened to him. and lots more..... It started in April 2007. I am very devoted to it.


Do you think Guitar.Inc is doing well? If yes-what/who has helped it grow? If no-well, blah... elaborate.

Yes it is doing awesome! My dad has been the biggest help. My brother Shawn, mom. And last but not the least my faithful students.


When you're rich and famous and touring the world playing a real Lespaul and doing hot groupies everyday, will you still come back every weekend or something to Upvan lake to teach random idiots how to play Bach and Boyzone? Honest answer.. Bach and BOYZONE.

Tumare Muah mae Ghee Shakar (not Shakar Mohite of course!) I see you made it a point to pick on my Guitar's legitimacy and right to be a true LES PAUL... but a rose called by any other other name smells just as sweet I say, you monkey fellow, you Chinese Pluto guitar playing chop stick!
(you-know-what from you-know-who: FYN! YOUR guitar has a HOLE in it. Mines atleast not porous!)
Yes, I will still be teaching the groupies how to play my favorite instrument ...oh yes, of course the idiot students, ...yes them too.



Did you find a spider family in my guitar? (This is a genuine question.)

Yes, actually I happened to catch young and oh so fukin hot teenage britney spider in a rather revealing and compromising position...hehehe...



What was your best ever experience on stage?

Nothing in particular. Or wait when Melly took Luke's pants off at launch pad. Man, it felt so good standing on stage with musicians who have integrity.



Your worst ever experience on stage?
Got too drunk and forgot my solo.. long long time ago when i was an amateur drinker... I just stood there and smiled stupidly at my band.


Did you ever cry for a movie? (heheheh)

Yes, most Hindi movies make me cry.


What will you be doing 5 minutes from now?

Returning to my daily state of affairs of course! You know, save the world, knock up julie ann moore... give lessons to Steve ...regular stuff.


Good. Now say something nice about me :)

Ok Aviv says and i quote" Something nice about me. Me is a nice person. Kindness is one of her many virtues. She has big round well formed eyes and a .....
(Pissed-off interviewer who cant shut up: atleast FINISH the sentence ungrateful..AND dont make it seem like im forcing you to say something nice about me!)
(uh-oh! I DID force you, dint I..heheh!)

In case anyone cares, I just counted and turns out its 22 questions,not 21..
bubye :)

7 comments:

MelloLikesJello said...

Love it Mook. Awesome job. Going to call Nigel Nigelantricks from now on.

Unknown said...

ah hahahahaha!

oh man oh man oh man!

Kalhan said...

She has big round well formed eyes and a .....


and a what?! and a what?!

mookie blaylock said...

and a stagerringly high IQ.im sure he was gonna say something like that..

Ani said...

what about insanely inquisitive mind, i thought that would fit the bill.

Nicely done though, good job.

Kalhan said...

do you people just STOP commenting on stuff?

mookie blaylock said...

we COULD.wot to do,interviewee dint finish commenting..