Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mel - A History

The first time I saw Mel, was at the hospital where Nigel was at after he met with a near fatal accident (broken rib, arm, ruptured spleen). Mel, in those days, was neat, and looked like this:








Soon however, as a renewed madness - probably a combined effect of being back in Bombay, being back with Split, and hanging out with Garreth (and me) - hit him, Mel got a bit untidy. And his hair grew. And his sleek spectacles broke, and his contact lenses got lost.

As a result he dug out the good old sodabottles.



I was horrified when I first saw them.







Then, I grew used to them.





And then, I thought they were the best things to happen to Mel.














Now, I can't imagine Mel without them. And no one else could carry them off the way he does. On television, on stage, in my movie?

1 comment:

mookie blaylock said...

NICE POST!!!informative too..where r the other three?